Welcome


Welcome to common elements of me.
I am simple, and complex.
I come here to express and vent- and share.
Enjoy, relish, and comment.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Miss My Classroom

It official- the only job I can work happily is teaching- it is my calling to be the worlds greatest high school religion teacher.
Teaching is easily the most rewarding job ever.
Teaching is easily the most fun job ever.
Teaching gives you back what you put into it- and I pour my heart and soul into it.
Now that I am not teaching:
I feel sick.
Battered.
I feel like I am working because I have to not because I want to.
I don't feel like I am helping anyone.
Most of all, I feel sick in my soul- because this is not what I should be doing. I belong in the classroom filling minds of teenagers with love! SAYING HEY I CARE ABOUT YOU! Telling them, no matter what they do to me or say to me, I will always listen.
It is like being a mother, yet you have 180 children to look after in a year! It means your life is filled with 90 people every 5 months that you love, and care for like they are your own kids. Bad and good- they call you teacher. As a teacher you spend more time with them then their parents do. You get listen more then anyone else.
And, while I may not be a an actual parent one day, right now more then anything I would love to have 30-60, 90 or even more to say hey- lets work together. Teach them new things and learn from them. I just crave being in a classroom. I need my fix.

So, then i watched a video my kids made for me the last time I taught- and it still makes me cry. And then, I wondered- what are they doing now? Would it be creepy for me to go in and check on everyone and say hi? Probably.

Anyways, that is my little rant- how I miss being a teacher so much. Dear Government- MORE TEACHING JOBS- pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment