Welcome


Welcome to common elements of me.
I am simple, and complex.
I come here to express and vent- and share.
Enjoy, relish, and comment.

Monday, November 5, 2012

A case of the mondays...

Good Evening all,
It is another monday. Today was awful. (are you surprised?)

My lovely boss is late on my paycheque again.... no clients came in all day. No confirmed calls all day. and shit just did not go well.

And it is cold. Last year, when I was up north in Timbuktu it was cold; where as home, had lovely warm weather- this year it is -2 in November. Last year, they got -2 in January .... I am not happy.

And furthermore- I'm just grumpy on mondays. If I am not; then you know something is seriously wrong with me.

I agree. 

But I found something that I just have to share. It is something that made my day- wanted me to run to the tree tops and exclaim: "Female Book Worms Unite" or "GIRL POWER"! And then I may have to rip of my bra and set it on fire... while waving a book around 
well here take a look for yourself... 

I would love to hear your thoughts.

It is really empowering to believe that women and intelligence are something to feared. Makes it seem like the reason we are still not achieving equal pay and rights around the world (and here at home)- is because the world is intimidated by us- and they should be. 

I don't mean to complain- but I can't help but notice in how many relationships women take care of getting things done- maybe not the handiwork of fixing a faucet, but the planning, the phone calls, the business of life, and men just sit back. ... I should make a note here: my man to be is not like this... he is not as into grabbing chores by the horns as I am- but he doesn't just sit back. I may have to ask him, "hey can you do this" aka he lacks the initiative, but I don't worry about it not getting done. But Honestly, I do ask him to work on his initiative a little more. 

Anyways, hope you all have a lovely day. I will keep you informed if we do buy a home! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment